Receiving Shipped Firearms
All shipped firearms, except those being returned from gunsmithing by a licensed gunsmith, must be shipped to a FFL for subsequent transfer to the final recipient.
Procedure for having Putnam Shooters receive your shipped firearmsAll transfers must comply with local, state, and federal law.
- Contact us prior to having firearm shipped.
- You may need to supply pictures or an auction link, so we can verify that the firearm is permissible in New York State.
- Send us the contact information for the sending FFL. We will transmit our license to them directly and arrange shipment.
- Have the sender email us a copy of their driver's license or other state-issued identification at email@example.com.
- Once we receive a copy of the sender's identification, we will respond with our abbreviated license number and a link to the ATF's FFL EZ-Check website, where the sender can verify our license and mailing address.
- The sender may then ship the firearm.
- Sender should email us tracking information as soon as it is available.
- Once we receive tracking information, we will schedule an appointment with you to receive the transfer of the firearm.
When you arrive to receive the transfer:
- All applicable fees must be paid prior to conducting the NICS background check.
- Fill out ATF Form 4473, and we will perform a NICS background check.
- You take immediate possession of firearms.
- You will receive a Bill of Sale.
- Have the guns added to your NYS Pistol License at your County Clerk's office.
- Once your permit is ammended, return with coupon from your County Clerk to pick up the handguns.
- If handguns are left for over 30 days, you must resubmit NICS check before taking possession.
- You may not take possession of firearms.
- The transfer fee is refunded. Background check fee is non-refundable.
- You will receive a NICS resolution card, listing your next steps if you believe you were denied in error.
- You are responsible for return shipping costs to the sender, as well as obtaining a refund from the seller.
- You may not receive firearms until delay is resolved.
If you require additional information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.